Dive Into Python 3
Mark Pilgrim’s Dive Into Python 3 is a hands-on guide to Python 3 and its differences from Python 2. Compared to Dive Into Python, it’s about 20% revised and 80% new material. As in the original book, Dive Into Python, each chapter starts with a real, complete code sample, proceeds to pick it apart and explain the pieces, and then puts it all back together in a summary at the end.
This book includes:
- Example programs completely rewritten to illustrate powerful new concepts now available in Python 3: sets, iterators, generators, closures, comprehensions, and much more .
- A detailed case study of porting a major library from Python 2 to Python 3
- A comprehensive appendix of all the syntactic and semantic changes in Python 3
This is the perfect resource for you if you need to port applications to Python 3, or if you like to jump into languages fast and get going right away. What you’ll learn
- To understand Python 3 code by seeing it broken down and explained
- How to make full use of the latest Python features such as iterators, generators, closures, classes and comprehensions
- How to refactor existing code to improve maintainability
- How to serialize Python objects with the pickle protocol and JSON format
- How to package your own Python libraries and upload them to the Python Package Index to share your projects with Python developers worldwide
- How to use Python 3 to consume HTTP web services
- How to port existing Python applications to Python 3 by following a case study for a major library
Who this book is for
- Anyone who wants to learn the latest version of Python in a fast, hands-on fashion
- Existing Python programmers who want to learn quickly how to make the most of the features of the latest version of Python and port their code to it
- Programmers coming from other languages wanting a fast introduction to Python that gets them thinking about advanced concepts quickly
Table of Contents
- Your First Python Program
- Native Datatypes
- Regular Expressions
- Closures and Generators
- Classes and Iterators
- Advanced Iterators
- Unit Testing
- Refactoring Files
- XML Serializing Python Objects
- HTTP Web Services
- Case Study: Porting chardet to Python 3
- Packaging Python Libraries
This work is a revision of Dive Into Python.
Inmersión en Python 3 is a translation of this work.
Immersione in Python 3 is a translation of this work.
Are you interested to work from home
Then look no further.
get The Key – ebook for work at home aspirants – Click The KEY to read the book.